Thursday, July 23, 2009

to follow back or not to follow back




"what make you decided to follow back your followers?"



That was the question that i have in mind,so i tweeted that out to know what is the reason for most of the tweeple ( twitter people ) to follow back their followers.Some @replies was very interesting and so i go on with sending DM (Direct Message) to certain people that having certain amount of followers with the range between 50 to 100k followers.


Thank you very much for all of you who have tweeted and DM your answers to me,you are what twitter is all about.



So here are the results :


@alaksir if they seem legit: # of updates, follow behavior, @ replies, etc.

@frontofmonitor Simply because they follow me :)

@Djalfy Because they have common intrests

@anooprk07 Well .. I keep in mind 2 things before following a preson .. 1)They must have the same interests as me or they must be cooool

@jwoon888 I felt it was just the most courteous thing to do :-)

@ShellyKramer Hi girlie. I follow most everyone back (unless they r pervy or p*rn hos). I like ppl & welcome interaction

@Juniesgurl points of interest!

@binoyxj Its because i ll get new friends and i can network through them also :)

@dharshana I see their followers and who they follow back and their updates! (^__~)

@besz 0_0 I have followers? Someone is following me to my home & office & playground???!!! 0_0 !!!??? #question

@cheth If a person has o_O as his avatar and no bio.. or if he offers me free iphone then I never follow back

@primatage i think everyone who follows me deserves to be followed back, i think it's only right. everyone starts at zero :)

@BuzzEdition honestly, hate new twitter format, so basically I use autofollow with the new filters to block out spammers & then weed out spam

@senthilnambi If they reply me i guess

@monikkinom Good Tweets (for me, techie stuff) or perhaps a good avatar, name or a BG design :P

@CateP36 I follow back real people who have real interraction with others :)

@OhowFUN I look for real people to follow, that want to carry on real conversations and chat interesting topics. Like you, rmilana :)

@sweetlilmzmia i follow funny &/or inspiring tweeps that interact w/others a lot.☺

@mistygirlph when they have interesting tweets complete w/ bio & decent pictr

@sizzler_chetan Its their activity, interaction with other tweeps which i look to follow them back.

@ruhanirabin followback reason is their activity, content and engagement :)

@epcotx Twitter is a community of interactive worldwide friends! Friends look out for friends! Loyal friends follow as well!

@owaeis I only follow people who tend to talk to me by replying to my tweets!

@djR3Z If uve tweeted within the last day, have a good amnt of tweets, & have a pic, I follow back

@darkdoor follow back - Its a an ordinary person on twitter, not selling anything and themselves.

@iamkhayyam b/c they were either a.) weird b.) designers c.) interesting d.) friend of a friend e.) contributors f.) didn't have expert in bio

@milagro88 I flw back if :
1) they r real people
2) if I see they interact w/peeps
3) if they share good info,
4) no spam,no selling anything
5) I don't flw back if they have tweets that are mean, rude, swearing, racist/prejudiced.
6) if they follow me & @me to say hello
7) if i see that we have the same friends (i.e. if cheth and rmilana )follow them back!


@Mike_Wesely i respect most that show respect to me by following me. The Follow is just 1 very small step in the relationship.

@miksas It seemed to increase my follow count and to get a clear view on buzz topics (needed for work) ;)



and here is the exclusive answer from our youngest twitterer the 8 years old Henry Adams :

@toad_mario the answer to your question is i follow people that ar my moms friends.i have to have her permission to follow back


To complete this,here are my reasons to follow back :

"i follow back real people that interact with others,tweet a good content,and definitely not a spam that trying to sell or asking you to click a certain url or asking you to register to see their pic"(in red : latest version of a spam bio) "



Among other things, here are the top 5 list of reason why people will follow you back :

1.Not a spam

2.With complete bio and decent avatar

3.Interact with people

4.Sending informative,good content,funny and interesting topic of tweets

5.Having common interest


The last but very important reason that people will follow you back after those top 5 list of reasons, is that you have to be on twitter (^_~)

I do recommend you to follow all the above tweeples,because they are worth the follow.

Thank you
*cheers*


Special note : if you'd like to follow my #twitterbro @toad_mario you might have to follow his mom first @adamsconsulting (Diana Adams) (^_^)








Image credit : hubspot

9 comments:

anoop on July 23, 2009 at 8:16 PM said...

Thanks for using my tweet :)

regards
Anoop

ShellyKramer on July 23, 2009 at 8:36 PM said...

Lovely post, sweets. And a great insight into the minds of true people of the Twitterverse. I,too love @toad_mario and recommend everyone follow him and his fantabulous momma, @adamsconsulting.

Great job!

Awais Naseer on July 23, 2009 at 8:44 PM said...

hehehe!! Great post! B-)

gautam on July 23, 2009 at 8:52 PM said...

So true. great Job :)

Mil@n@ on July 23, 2009 at 9:12 PM said...

@anoop @awais @gautam thank you guys (^_^)

@shellykramer thanks Shelly,yes true people are worth the follow,i'm so lucky to follow them all.

cheth on July 23, 2009 at 10:50 PM said...

nice post :) thanks for credits us :)

Miksas on July 24, 2009 at 6:06 AM said...

Nice!!

Thanks sis!

epcotx on July 24, 2009 at 1:36 PM said...

Nice going! Interestig results. Thanks for including me! Cheers! :)

vewe on July 24, 2009 at 7:57 PM said...

nice job sisi,u rocks!!! :o)

Post a Comment

 

twittercoffeeclub Blak Magik is Designed by productive dreams for smashing magazine Managed by cheth Studios™