Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Twitter Ignore kids. Are you one? Poll results




Yeah Twitter is all about conversations, but one question that ticked me from day one on twitter. why Don't some people bother to reply you back? Yeah I never figured it out myself so after some brainstorming sessions of learning some people I decided that this is a hard nut to crack so i sent out a tweet #poll and asked out my twitter buddies. And here is what they say! :)





There was a quick fire replies from my twitter buddies! SO this is obvious that these guys are very engaging. So please consider following them :)

@sizzler_chetan: @cheth Yes i do. I assume they were busy when they pretended to ignore me :) Be good, they will learn the lesson automatically!


@Monicutza03449 @cheth If the ignoring part is a rule and its proved in time whats the point in wasting your precious time with someone who doesnt see u? :)


@HNatarajan: Yes, I do. My education has taght me to b courteous. RT @cheth #blog post - #poll answer me - Do u reply to a person who ignored ur tweet b4



@sakthidharan @cheth Never bro ! That is an insult I never take lying down #blog #poll



@idaremyidea @cheth not if i didn't not see it ;)


@KirtiB @cheth yes i do reply :)


@Leanne_Campbell @cheth If I tweeted them a question and they didn't reply and I ask them another question and still no reply then yes I delete them.


@JudiStull @cheth #blog, #poll - yes, I reply cuz I've been known to miss seeing new tweets directed at me or forget to reply. Figure they're same.


@Shripriya @cheth Yes. It's about a conversation and people may be busy. Can't be petty about twitter. It's about learning, not rank and vendettas! :)


@rmilana @cheth if they ask me i will always reply,that's mean i respect them (^_^) #poll #blog


@VAStateParks @cheth Yes. Sometimes people miss tweets.



@LexiePixie @cheth Yes. Everyone deserves a second chance. Maybe he/she just missed my tweet. Or was busy. But only one more chance :):)



Now here are some confusing replies ;)


@Myth60 @cheth all depends on the person #poll


@PavanKumar @cheth yes of course, many reasons...


@dharshana @cheth It depends on my mood and what the person asks! :)


And Some more..

@JoeMCallahan @cheth #poll - Yes. They might of missed your tweet. If they do it more then once though then I will ignore



@Minervity @cheth Yup, I most definitely do. There are way to many reasons the person could have missed my earlier tweet. So, Yes I would. :)


@SarahRobinson @cheth I do reply because sometimes I don't always see all my tweets & they may not have seen mine. Cut lots of slack here. #poll



@vewe @cheth if that person keep ignoring me,i will definitely not talking to him/her anymore :o) #blog #poll



@wpstudios @cheth #twitter #poll yes I usually do since most of us are busy and follow so many ppl that you can loose some tweets :)


@virtuosoblogger @cheth i try to reply after all they have read my tweet i should tell them that i do too read theirs


@TrendTracker @cheth Try to reply to all tweets. Miss some Encourage a 2nd try Disappointed, but no hard feelings if mine r missed


Hmmmn confuing thoughts isnt It! ? well what I say is agree with the point that a person can miss a tweet once, twice, thrice.. but more than 5 times do you hink twitter users have so much patience? I dont think so. But Dont forget the fact that Some top Tweeple like @mashable and others never never reply. But we cannot forget the fact that they get too many people who ask them various things "AND I TOTALLY UNDERSTAND" but guys! lets play in the twitter spirit. Isnt Twitter all about conversation? See for the fact that I have 21K followers on twitter. But i tend to reply back to all.. Yes! I did ignore some people who "trash talk" or those who have ignored me more than 3 instances. But after reading all the tweets from my twitter buddies. The bottom line is Twitter is all about conversations! So guys what say lets play in the spirit and try to reply back to almost all :)

Please note a fact that there are some people who reply to most influential twitter users and expect a reply just because they want to hit a higher score in grader. The very peoplular @GuyKawasaki had noticed this probelm and created a new account @GuysReplies to counter this problem. And I agree with him totally. I have a current twitter Grading of #14 and have noticed a lot of people asking me some silly questions. But I still try to be good and reply back to them.

GUYS DONT EXPECT A CELEB TO REPLY BACK TO YOU. But you still follow him/her? I think this is going to be a never ending debate. But what I say Is Twitter is what you make it as. So reply to all your buddies and keep the smile ticking and I can bet you will get it back :)


I know! I know! you may agree and disagree with a lot of comments posted here. You see a beautiful comment box below. How about sharing your thoughts? :) Tweet on! =)

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Totally agree with you cheth this can be a perfect slap on the face to the people who dont reply.

Monica on July 28, 2009 at 7:30 PM said...

Very good post. I will retweet it. :)

Mil@n@ on July 28, 2009 at 7:31 PM said...

nice post Cheth! thanks for including my tweet.

i think sometime the @replies are missing,but i always replay all who ask or say hello to me (^_^)

*cheers*

cheth on July 28, 2009 at 7:33 PM said...

@Monica

Thnx :)

@Mil@n@
Yes I dont get your replies on tweetdeck and many other tweeple because you people are banned from search. That's why i use the web interface :)

Anonymous said...

very valid points sir :) But you have replied to me twice.

cheth on July 28, 2009 at 7:46 PM said...

Please Dont post anonymous posts let me know who is commenting here :)

Nguyễn Đạt Tài on December 31, 2009 at 11:02 AM said...

hello

Post a Comment

 

twittercoffeeclub Blak Magik is Designed by productive dreams for smashing magazine Managed by cheth Studios™